Saturday, May 27, 2006

New yarns

Went to salvation army late wedensday and found nice yarn in mohair 90% content and a cotton twisted in offwhite and mustard but since my checkaccount was empty I went back friday morning and bought it. The mohair is light lavender and not really my color but came to think of a shawl in weekend knitting where you crochet the border in a different yarn. I think I´ll go for that. There where nine balls for about 10 dollars. The cotton cost the same but had 11 skeins in the bag. I´m gonna knit a cardigan of them and if it looks dull I´ll dye the ready made garment in the washer.
My knitting has been a bit of aberlady, but now it´s time to split more yarn and I finished a sock from different purple tones, I used the same yarn for my poms. These new socks are made in a feather and fan pattern and I´m really proud becourse it´s the first time I tried this pattern and succeded

No comments: