Thursday, November 21, 2013

Back on the (sewing and travelling ) track again

Hi again! I´m back and I´m sewing again. First I would like to show you this dress from Onion 2023 without the sleeve lining, I´ve made it once Before and this time I omitted the FBA and used a Liberty cotton bought from Shaukat in London. I decided I like cotton dresses and if I wear them in not-so-summery-colors-and-patterns they works all year around. We do have central heating at work and I like cardigans...
 
 A closeup on the fabric that you almost can see. Since I made it before it was a fast thing to do and becourse I have difficulties ironing the original sleeves on the grey combo dress I made this spring I Think this is a nice variation. Liberty cottons are so nice to sew and wear and better priced at Shaukat than on Libertys!
 I also made a new skirt using an old favourite as guide, the fabric is from Edinburgh fabrics and bought earlier this year and the original skirt is from Zizzi, this amazing danish brand of plus size clothing. The back waistband is elastic and since I´ve been to the US lately I have a good amount of the no-fold elastic that´s anavailable here
 When I was almost finished I found this hole in the fabric:
 the solution was to add a coin pocket for the leftie that I´m not.
 Part from my allowances of two Liberty cottons Vibeke and I hit Goldhauk Road and did some great shopping of natural fibers, silk, rayon and cottons
 There was a PR meet up this weekend but I spent some more time with Vibeke and Maria.
Maria and I had afternoon tea close to Carnaby street and if you follow the link on her name you get a hint of how the extended weekend was spent. Maria sells Onion patterns as well as her own patterns also.

No comments: