Thursday, July 05, 2012

A basket for every purpose

I have quite a few baskets for storage, some of them show really nice workmanship and some are just ordinary cheap stuff In my livingroom I have 2 for yarn, one for wool, one full of blankets and quilts, 1 for trash, 3 for UFOs... I have baskets made from different roots, bark and straw and I have one that´s painted Today I went to watch a exebition of baskets at the museum in Landskrona This is a french yarn basket, have had a lining of fabric
This is a french potato basket, they really know how to do it in style...
And these are called Brigitte Bardot baskets, I did not know that but apparently there are some pictures of her using one of these as a handbag
back pack is made from bark from birch, something that you could make a lot of things from like shoes
Fish baskets, remember these from readin Donald Duck as a child
There where also some new baskets made by people from England, Denmark and Sweden and probably some other countries. The museum shop had some baskets for sale too.

No comments: