Thursday, October 14, 2010

Black jeans skirt

I was importing pictures from my camera and I have no pics of the shirt ( all buttoned ) so here´s one of the jeans skirt instead:

It´s nailed to the dummy and I used a basic 8 gore skirt from an old Burda Plus, very basic and made pockets in the side panels using quilters cotton to line them.
All the seams are flatfelled using a jeanstread in a color that I think is the proper color for that purpuse ( stof och stil ) The rivets are from Prym and reversible so there´s one side that´s silver also.

Had a little accident doing the topstitching

Is now repared by handstitchin a new piece of fabric to cover it up.
For the waist treatment I used Petersham band. After Sandra Betzina´s article in Threads years ago I found a small fabricstore in the basement of an optimistic womans house that was closing down and they had curved Petersham so I bought 20 meters and still have some left.
The denim is from Stof och stil, theire 10 oz black unwashed that I washed myself but I really prefer the prewashed they sell.

No comments: