Friday, June 29, 2012

Olive

640 people have done this design on ravelry and 64 of them used Holst yarn. This is a Helga Isager design ( Amimono ) and part from being easy to knit as well as fast I took time to read some project notes and started the yoke at it´s lower edge using a crochet chain and casting on in the back bows, worked to top and making it fewer stitches as the rows went by and ended with a very tight cast off. Then I picked up the stitches at the bottom and made some shortrow stitching to get the front lower than the back. I also did long sleeves
The original sweather has different colors on each row of the yoke, I used the same, here you can see a lot of really good use of variegated yarns. T made the largest size and used 4,5 balls of Holst and maybee 0,5 of the pale pink, this sweather does not weight much
It+s my first project using Holst and it looks kind of weird before soaking....then it gets fluffy and soft and nice to wear.

No comments: