Saturday, February 08, 2020

The Oslo hat- the mohair edition

The Oslo hat is a popular pattern but I went for the mohair edition 1 fingering and one mohair/silk tread. The burgundy is some kind of Arwetta wool yarn ans Isager silk-mohair and the denim blue is common treads or uncommon treads a sock yarn and a silk-mohair called Ito, the blue ones is from Loop, bought 2 years apart and get a really nice denimmy color. Loop is one of the nicest yarn stores I know and if you´re ever in London you must go there. It´s in Islington and the subway station is Angel. Not far from there is Ray Stitch that is a really nice fabric store and if you´re in to indiepatterns but not PDF you´ll find a nice selection here. It´s a really nice area to stroll with coffea shops, restaurants and antique stores
The Burgundy yarn is from a yarn store in Gothenburg that I cant remember the name of, It´s small and very Downtown and also very nice!



Ok the hat. It has several sizes but my gauge was totally off so finally I had to cast on 150 stitches instead of 108. as you can see on the picture below you secure the inner brim and the brim is 3 layer thick and veeeery warm and I mean veeeery. It
It´s an easy knit and It does not take so much yarn and I´ve seen verions of it in two colors that are Lovely!


The edge will roll and so I thought for the second one I will make an edge that not will roll but it was to narrow so maybe for my third hat....



No comments: