Saturday, February 15, 2020

Dame Zandra Rhodes

When I was in London I went to the Fashion and textile museum. It was founded by Zandra Rhodes in 2003 and I believe she lives on the second floor and who would blame her...I love the neigbourhood, took a bus from Victoria station. It was the last day of the Zandra Rhodes exibit and the Norman Hartnell as well. I knew that Sandra had pink hair and made colorful clothes but I found that the clothes was not as wacky as I´ve expected...the colors where Lovely and the details of the clothes also.



This is something I saw a lot of a play with sheer and underlining with another fabric to avoid transparancy, and small beads and embellishment




This dress is fun to watch how she used a larger print in a cool way




This is a detail of the sleeve with Little beads attached….Lovely...



and this is the drawing of the design for Printing the fabric


and so is this


so they where showing the whole process and it was very interesting, you can also see the indian influences


No comments: