Friday, June 28, 2013

Burda 09/2011 mod 128

 
 This blouse cought my eye in an old Burda, it´s not a plus size but I enlarged it by splitting and adding at the side seams. It´s the first project made in my sewingroom and I absolutely love beeing down there
 I used a rayon from San Fransisco from Satin Moon, It costed a little more than other fabrics I bought on that weekend so I got frugal and bought 1,5 yards, not really thinking that there is a difference between meter and yard and with this small amount I should have bought some more. I really love the pattern and they had it in one or two other colorways.

Does it look like in the magazine is a common question on PR and part from beeing more busy due to fabric choise and using sets of three button placement, it does. The original model is made in white and really nice ( hmm I have some white linen...) and have badly done buttonholes...shame on you Burda! I hate then they show poor workmanship och take a photo of a skirt not in the right position ( Yes I have a pic on a skirt rotated 1/4 around the body)
The blouse was easy to sew once I realised that the collar should go on first before attaching back and front....Thats why they have instructions...right!

And now clothes on and go down and sew girl!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like this fabric and style, great choices. I hope you make it again in white linen!!

Mary Beth said...

Ahhh, I have been looking for a blouse pattern that is good for my short lengths of fabric, Karin. Thanks for the heads up on this Burda and the review of it. I like your buttons!

Rose said...

Lovely!