Saturday, September 22, 2012

One size fits all

I´ve not been sewing so much lately, and I have spent a lot of thought on why. One reason is that I can´t find the fabric I want so lately I started to buy clothes on thriftstores that have the potencial amount of fabric to be reused into something else and the proper content of natural fibers. It´s so hard to find rayon and cottons in nice pattern and weights. I´m also loosing weight and are going through my wardrobe and making different piles of stuff I want to keep and might use tha fabric, things that are to small now but will work in a couple of weeks etc. I´m also putting away summer clothes but since I´m going to Spain in a couple of weeks I have to save what I will wear then... I´ve been knitting a little. This cardigan from Drops has a beatiful kind of celtic braid in front,
I decided to do the borders mirror imagswise and missed
So using an old Yarnharlot tip I redid it
and now it´s perfect or at least as perfect it can gets pre soaking, I´m currently on the second sleeve, the yarn is a OOS superwash yarn bought from a colleage´s wife who used to have a yarnstore and still has some stock left
Missan has some favourite spots, one is behind my back when I sit on the couch, the white stuff is a crochet bedcover, croched in one piece with a swan pattern by my paternal grandma and used on my bed growing up.

No comments: