Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mette skirt

It has taken a long time to get this skirt finished, but since Paris my urge to sew has increased.
In Denmark there´s a fabricshop chain called stof2000 and they have their own patternline called "100 % homemade" the models have names in across stitch-kind-off-logotype so it took me a long time before I actually decided to try one of their patterns out. My choise was Mette

Mette is a six gore skirt with the backpanel devided into two to place a zipper in the back.
I bought the teal stretch corduroi with jeans in mind but changed my mind ( that´s why you have a stash, isn´t it? ) during part of the looong sewingtime I had teal lint all over the appartment

The skirt is nice a little heavy but looks good with boots and are easy to ride a bike wearing it. I actually liked the pattern so much that I made a second skirt a lot faster using parts of bad jeanstrial and leftover fabric. It´s not ready in this pic but has became a favourite since jeans go with everything.

I am now working on a brown jeansskirt inspired by a knipmode model and green jeans using the Jalie pattern but with a lot of changes some due to less stretch in my fabric som due to they don´t use my body to draft their patterns from...

No comments: