Sunday, April 26, 2009

Taxi knitting

Taxi knitting has to be simple in a way that you have to be able to put it down any second as well as just pick it up and start knitting.I´ve been working on the "sugar cardigan" adapted to a sweather from Marianne Isagers, knitting a la carte, a book that I think is publiched in english. A really good knittingbook with a lot of wearable clothes that can be adapted to different styles, a lot of them knitted from top down. The sugar cardigan got it´s name after her aunt who wore a similar cardigan for gardening, she traded the yarn for sugar cupons during the second world war

It´s a very simple pattern with a little braid, done in a new way to me; knit both stitches but don´t pull them of the needle, then knit the first one again, slip! I like the way the sleeves are expending by adding stitches between the braids

I´m using the grey woolyarn, the same as for the spede, and a lace weight darker grey from Isager in alpacka, the same as the circular shawl for my mothers birthday. I need to buy more of this so I started a new project. The Miyake from design.club.dk

and I´m using the same grey wool, hopefully i will be enough. It´s a very simple shape knitted in 5 knit and 5 purl rows that are draped on the body.
Then you have to meet Pepsi, the latest and cutest member of our family, lives with my brother and his family

2 comments:

Annika said...

Pepsi is so sweet! I love your latest knitting endeavors, too!

Jen said...

Taxi knitting! Never heard of it put that way but it makes complete sense! Looks good