Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Stockbridge

I bought this yarn from Geilsk a couple of years ago and knew I wanted to knit a cardigan, but the one I started had a lacy detail pattern that the tweedy yarn did not do justice to so I frogged and put it away and drooled over the yarn whenever I saw it, Then a couple of weeks ago I came over Stockbridge by Isolda Teague and it is basically a very straight knit cardigan, very simple but the body is knit in one piece bottom-up and the sleeves are picked up and knit top down with shaping done by short rows.
I´m currently workin on the looong rows of the body but the yarn is really nice to work with so it´s a treat and the texture of it is lovely.


I´m using two pieces of grey yarn instead of little fancy markers that are actually more fun to look at as you knit. I know I have a tartan wool fabric that I bought in Edinburgh a cople of years ago that matches and I also have a kilt pin with a purple stone to match it so maybee it´s time for my kilt this season.

No comments: