Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Mary Quant at Victoria and Albert

There´s a Mary Quant Exibit at Victoria and Albert Museum in London and it will end february 16 so hurry! It´s worth the trip!
Before the exibit Mary Quant was for me all about short skirts but she was about so much more! All the photos here are the dresses that I remembered...remembered and remembered...I´m born in 1961 but when I walk through the exibit I can see how she must have influenced me both as a child ( ok how my mother dressed me) and how I dressed myself as a teenager and what I wanted to sew for myself. The use of wool jersey is so inspiring and the color blocking. The zipper with a ring to pull is my new detail that I want to put on my next garment. I´m totally in love with the rain capes and some of the dresses that I want slightly longer.... and the skirt and vest with the red backing of the vest....




The dresses all tells a story from the one who bought them, how much they payed and what´s that equals today and how the used the dresses and there are also interviews with Mary showing on screens,















If you want to sew your own Mary Quant minidress where is a free pattern for one and if you want the stripy dress above too there´s also a pattern for that one, its called Georgie .

There are also some great souvenirs from this show, I bought myself two earrings.

No comments: