Saturday, February 22, 2020

Sequence by PetiteKnit


I saw this sweather in a very nice yarnstore in Aarhus while on vacation last summer. The yarn used was quite expensive...but I found the cutest little yarn store in a small village called Amager and bought most of the yarn there. I used Coast that´s a 50%cotton 50% wool and mixed it with a silk mohair lace yarn exept for the green part where I used a supersoft wool yarn. The supersoft and Coast are sold by different stores as there own yarn and if you want to order online Holst is a good sourse. The reason why I did not buy all of my yarn ther is that a miscalculated and bought only one ball of the mohair when needed two. There are different brands of the mohair/silk yarn
You can use any fingering and a lace silk mohair for this one, the rusty part have colors more apart than the other and creates a more variagated look. I made the biggest size...I think and since the entire sweather is made in 1 knit, 1 purl I could have used a smaller size. according to the pattern the final part of the sleeves should have been the green color but when everything was finished it was only the cuffs missing and I used the grey and I think it was an exelent choise! 
The sweather is lightweight and a fun knit due to the different colors. I used it a lot under a coat riding my bike for work.
Take an extra look on the dress behind, that´s my "crazy cat lady" dress, not made by me but by my favourite designer NygårdsAnna. 

No comments: